Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGVs) are vehicles that are used to transfer goods from one area to another. Locally, Nationally, and Globally, they transport products for suppliers and customers. As an HGV driver, you will spend a lot of time on the road and maybe away from home regularly, but you will be able to earn a solid income.
There are a lot of queries relating to How much do HGV drivers earn per hour? and How Much Do Lorry Drivers Get Paid?
Read more to get the appropriate answers to all your related questions.
Additionally, if you are interested in driving, you can follow your career with greater ease and earn more money. Because HGV driving is the most popular industry, there are various sorts of HGV licences, each of which contains different vehicles and pay scales.
HGV Licence Categories and its wages Per Hour
C1 Driver Licence
- You are permitted to drive vehicles weighing between 3,500 and 7,500 kg MAM with a trailer up to 750kg.
- The general Payscale for a C1 driver is approximately £13 – £13.50 per hour, additionally depending on the location.
C1+E Driver Licence
- With a trailer weighing more than 750kg, you can drive a C1 category vehicle. Both of their MAMs should not be over 12,000kg.
- The pay scale for a C1+E driver is approximately £13 – £16 per hour depending on location and the organisation you are working for.
Category C Driver
- Vehicles weighing more than 3,500kg are allowed to be driven with a trailer up to 750kg MAM.
- The Pay scale for Category C is approx £16 – £20 per hour as per the location preference.
Category C+E Driver
- With a trailer weighing more than 750kg, you can drive a category C vehicle.
- Income for the C+E category is approx £18 – £22 per hour as per the location.
All in all, HGV driving is the most popular option for individuals who want to pursue a profession operating such large and rigid vehicles. HGV driving occupation fills you with good energy since you are constantly exposed to new cultures, meet new people, and engage in a variety of other activities. This experience allows you to learn something new every day, resulting in the most rewarding experiences. Hopefully, the extensive descriptions above have answered all of your questions about ‘How much do HGV drivers make per hour?’ and ‘How Much Do Lorry Drivers Get Paid?’