Cat D

PCV (Bus) With Medical

£150.00 £150.00 (In stock)

Description -

You can operate minibusses and buses without having the more advanced Passenger Carrying Vehicle (PCV) driving license entitlement thanks to specific licensing rules. Drivers of mini buses with 9 to 16 seats must possess a PCV category D1 license or a category D license to operate larger buses.

There are some conditions that you need to follow for a CAT D1 PCV licence:-

  • The age of the driver should be at least 21 years old and have a 2–year-old driver's licence.
  • The car is utilized for social purposes by a non-commercial organization.
  • The maximum weight of a minibus is 3.5 tonnes.
  • You have to be medically fit to get the PCV (Bus) Licence With Medical.

Under these conditions, you may not be compensated for driving a minibus with anything other than out-of-pocket costs. In the UK, you can only drive mini buses; you cannot tow trailers.

If you have your CAT D PCV licence with you then you will be allowed to operate a passenger-carrying recovery vehicle. Now the point is what are the favorable conditions for operating a recovery vehicle?

  • The weight of the vehicle should not be increased from 10.2 tonnes
  • The vehicle should be operated by the holder of the licence of Public Service Vehicle (PSV)
  • The Vehicle involves moving a damaged vehicle, moving a disabled passenger-carrying vehicle, or traveling to or returning from a location where assistance is to be provided for a damaged passenger-carrying vehicle.

Your Cart